Monday, July 4, 2011

The right to bare arms!

It's summer and it's hot and I have to address this. If I want to wear my arms out, I will. I like kimono sleeves, dolman sleeves are still fashionable, and I am not opposed to any sleeve: full, short, or cap. But if I want to wear my arms out, I will do just that.

I haven't always been this confident. In fact for most of the last 10 years, I have been a member of the pale arms club. I would bare my legs, lets the girls hang out, and even go backless. But my upper arms would be covered at all times and at all costs. This changed last year when it got ridiculously hot and I ran out of sleeves. When all I had left was tanks, I wore what I had. And nothing happened. The fashion police didn't come for me. No one pointed and stared. I didn't get struck by lightning. In short, I discovered that my arm issue was just that: my issue.

It was confirmed that arms should be bare during Full Figure Fashion Week. Designer after designer sent out model after model with short sleeves and no sleeves. And I didn't look at their arms, I was looking at the hot clothes. So, if I am dressed to kill, it doesn't matter if my arms are bare or not.

So I will bare my arms if the style calls for it or if I just feel like it. It's my right. After all, it is the land of the free and the home of the brave. I am free to bare my arms and brave enough to do it!

What about you: will you bare your arms this season?

1 comment: